As a PowerPoint designer I begin every project with a dialogue with my client. I use this back and forth exchange to uncover the key goals that have to be achieved in your custom PowerPoint design. A few of the questions that I frequently discuss are:
- Who is your audience
- What is their expertise with your product or service
- What is their background, education, profession, age
- What is your primary message to be communicated
- What action, if any, do you want your audience to take after your presentation
- What do you want audience to remember about your messaging
These questions open up a conversation about your messaging and overall goals of the presentation. I find this dialogue to be critical as a PowerPoint designer, to understanding your needs in creating a truly effective presentation.