When it comes to a professional PowerPoint presentation, we are confident that it can change things for you. We are so confident that we have a list of five ways that it will do just that. Following this list will make such a difference in your meeting. A professional PowerPoint presentation can mean the difference between making the sale, and landing the client, or not. Even if your presentation is just for informational purposes, these next five steps are a must. Following these steps with increase your chances of having a successful meeting.
- Use An Eye-Catching Background – the PowerPoint program offers many different backgrounds to choose from. Choose one that appeals to your client. Only you know the likes and dislikes of the client that you are pitching to. For example, if you know they love to vacation in tropical destinations, then choose something that draws from that love. People are very relaxed on vacation and choosing a background that reminds them of that may have the same affect on them in your meeting. There is nothing better than a relaxed client.
- Use Sharp Pictures – It is not always necessary to use pictures in your PowerPoint presentation, but if your going to use them, then make it worth your while. Make sure that the pictures you choose really speak to your client. You do not want to use a picture just for the sake of using one, or just to fill up space.
- Wording – make sure to use short sentences and elaborate on those. Writing everything you have to say on a slide will lose your clients attention.
- Animation – when using PowerPoint, use the animation tab to advance one line of your presentation at a time. Using this feature will force the client to focus on only what you are talking about. This will avoid drawing your clients attention to anything else that you have written on the slide.
- Closing – when ending your presentation, make sure to hit on all of the key points one last time. If you have noticed any kind of positive reaction from your client during your presentation, then use this time to draw from that. Go over those areas that impressed the client during your presentation. This will seal their interest in what you have told them, and they will walk away remembering those things that you have addressed a second time.
If you include these steps in your presentation, you will be sure to wow your audience, and walk away with your head held high. Remember to always use an eye-catching background, sharp pictures, how to present your wording, and how to use the animation feature. Lastly, be sure to present a strong closing.