When designing your custom powerpoint presentation for business clients, how can you spice things up? Video is one way. Inserting videos within your Powerpoint presentation gets the viewer’s attention and adds to the appeal of a well thought out presentation. But how do you make it work for you? Here are a few tips from a professional video producer that will make them sit up and take notice:
1) Choose dynamic, engaging video. The best way to enhance your Powerpoint presentation with video is to start with a beautiful video clip. Whether you are explaining how your product works, showing a beautiful nature scene, or other, creating great video is the first step. Film in HD quality when possible then convert to a format that is Powerpoint friendly.
2) Keep it short. Despite what you may think, the average attention span of adults is short. The general rule of thumb is to keep videos are 5 minutes or shorter in length, so you can say what you need to say in a limited amount of time to keep their attention.
3) Use video backgrounds. You can purchase or design original video backgrounds that can serve as an attractive backdrop for Powerpoint presentations. You can also choose backgrounds that enhance the Powerpoint templates, or create your own. Then drag and drop photos or images around it. To create the most attractive flair, make the background video window as large as the frame.
4) Create “branding” with the video. If you are creating a video for a client, you want to focus on the brand you are trying to promote. For example, if you are promoting a restaurant, have a closeup video of a tablecloth with utensils in the background to enhance the image you are trying to convey. Use titles also that reflect the brand and complement the video content. It is also helpful to emulate the video your client may have running on You Tube, or even include the same video within the Powerpoint.
5) Use music that complements the video. Skillful use of music to enhance the running video can help create interest in the brand or service. The music an be integrated within the video in the video production stage, or placed in the Powerpoint slide along with the video.
Video can enhance and promote a custom Powerpoint presentation in ways other media or text cannot. It engages the viewer by drawing them in, gets the message across in dynamic ways, and serves to increase awareness of brand. If you apply some of the above tips in your next Powerpoint, you may find increased interest in your brand or your client’s brand. Video can be an effective tool in bringing people closer to what you want to say, if implemented at the right times in your custom Powerpoint presentation.